AMERICAN DEGREE FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (ADFP) & AMERICAN CREDIT TRANSFER PROGRAMME (ACTP)
The American programme, which consists of the American Degree Foundation Programme (ADFP) and the American Credit Transfer Programme (ACTP), is a programme specially developed by the International Education Centre (INTEC) to prepare students of high calibre for entry into the first year (through the ADFP) or second year (through the ACTP) of highly prestigious American universities. Students in the ADFP/ACTP also have an option of furthering their studies in Australia, namely, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology ( RMIT), University of Queensland and La Trobe University.
About the programme:
- During their first semester, students will take more than 20 hours of English to develop their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Intensive preparation for TOEFL and SAT I will help students achieve excellent scores to secure places at prestigious universities.
- Academic courses will be offered along with English courses during the second semester in ADFP while ACTP will consist fully of academic courses similar to those offered as Freshman and Sophomore year courses in US universities.
- Students will take courses during the summer semester for a duration of 8 weeks before departing for US universities for the Fall Semester.
To fulfill the general requirements, students applying for the programme must obtain
at least C in Bahasa Melayu and at least B+ in English at SPM level.
Students must also obtain at least FOUR B+ and ONE B in the remaining subjects.
The main objective of the programme is to ensure that students obtain places at top American universities. To attain this objective, both programmes have been designed to:
- Prepare students for the TOEFL and SAT tests.
- Develop students' English Language skills.
- Inculcate effective study skills.
- Develop students' creative and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarize students with the American education system.
- Prepare students for academic courses in American universities.
PATHWAYS TO A DEGREE
- More than 15 years experience with the American system of education
- Qualified and experienced lecturers
- Excellent learning facilities
- A Placement Office specially for the programme
- A Curriculum recognized by Ivy League universities
- Courses at ADFP are transferable to most US universities
- Strong emphasis on individual counselling
ACADEMIC PROGRAMME / SUBJECTS
- Computer Programming
- Islamic Education Studies / Moral Studies
- Computer Programming
- Science i.e. Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics
- Brandeis University
- Brown University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Case Western Reserve University
- Colorado School Of Mines
- Cornell University
- Duke University
- Georgia Institute Of Technology
- Harvard University
- IIlinois Institute of Technology
- Indiana University, Bloomington
- Iowa State University, Ames
- Johns Hopkins University
- Lehigh University
- Marquette University
- Massachusetts Institute Of Technology (MIT)
- Michigan State University, East Lansing
- Northwestern University
- Ohio State University, Columbus
- Pennsylvania State University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University, West Lafayette
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- Stanford University
- Stevens Institute Of Technology
- SUNY, University at Buffalo
- SUNY, University at Stony Brook
- Syracuse University
- University Of Arizona
- University Of California, Berkeley
- University Of California, Davis
- University Of Chicago
- University Of Delaware
- University Of Florida, Gainesville
- University Of Hartford
- University Of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- University Of Iowa
- University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- University Of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- University Of Pennsylvania
- University Of Pittsburgh
- University Of Southern California
- University Of Texas , Austin
- University Of Virginia
- University Of Washington, Seattle
- University Of Wisconsin, Madison
- University Park
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Washington University, St. Louis
- Yale University
MAP OF UNITED STATE OF AMERICA
Click url below for further information:
Deputy Director ( Academic Affairs )
International Education Centre (INTEC)
UiTM Section 17 Campus
40200 Shah Alam
Tel: (6)03 - 5522 7091/7092/7093
Fax: (6)03 - 5522 7109